Water Filtration In Poway, San Diego, Riverside, Temecula, CA, And Surrounding Areas
Water Filtration in Poway, Riverside, Temecula, San Diego, Escondido, Rancho Bernardo, California, and the Surrounding Areas
As residents of San Diego, you may be aware that our city’s water is on the list of the 10 worst quality drinking water in the country. This is due to high chlorine levels and other contaminants that can harm your health, pipes, and appliances. We are still determining what 50% of our water lines are made from, which can also affect the quality of the water we drink and use in our homes.
This is why it’s essential to consider investing in a water filtration system for your home. Not only will it protect your health, but it will also protect your home by preventing hard water buildup in pipes and appliances.
Don’t let the poor water quality affect your health—take control by investing in a water filtration system with Airight Cooling, Heating, & Plumbing, Inc. today. Call us at (866) 247-2420 for water filtration services in San Diego.
Why Is Water Filtration Essential?
- Protect Your Health: One of the primary contaminants in the water is chloramine, a byproduct of the reaction between chlorine and ammonia used to disinfect the water. This chemical can be absorbed through the skin and inhaled into the lungs during bath and shower time and can also be ingested when drinking or eating (when cooking with unfiltered water). In addition to these health risks, chloramine can dry out our skin and hair and make hard water more aggressive. To address these issues, it is essential to use a high-quality carbon filter that is sustainable, renewable, and helps to make the water taste great.
- Protect Your Home: Another benefit of a water filtration system is that it can protect your home by preventing hard water buildup in pipes and appliances. Hard water has high levels of calcium and magnesium, which can leave spots and cause buildup in pipes and appliances. This issue can be resolved using either a water softener or a water conditioner.
On the other hand, a water conditioner does not remove the minerals from the water. Instead, it uses a process called TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization) to convert hard minerals into harmless, inactive microscopic crystals that do not build up in pipes and appliances. These crystals are stable and remain suspended in the water flow instead of forming hard mineral scales on surfaces in your plumbing system.
Water Filtration Needs We Cover:
Airight Cooling, Heating, & Plumbing, Inc. offers various water filtration options to meet your needs. These options include:
- Salt Water Softener: Saltwater softeners can help to reduce hard water and make it softer and easier on your skin. These devices use salt to remove minerals from the water, making it better for bathing, laundry, and other cleaning projects. Salt water softeners are also energy efficient, as they don’t require additional electricity. If you’re having a tough time dealing with hard water at home, then a salt water softener may be the right choice.
- Salt-Free System: A salt-free system does not use salt to address complex water, making it a more environmentally-friendly option. Instead, it uses a process called TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization) to convert hard minerals into harmless, inactive microscopic crystals that do not build up in pipes and appliances.
- Reverse Osmosis: It is a process that removes impurities and contaminants from water by forcing them through a semipermeable membrane. This is an effective option for eliminating many pollutants, including bacteria, viruses, and heavy metals. However, it can be more expensive and requires more maintenance than other options.
At Airight Cooling, Heating, & Plumbing, Inc., we will evaluate your needs and recommend the right water filtration system for you, whether it’s a salt water softener, a salt-free system, reverse osmosis, or a combination of these options.
Installing a water filtration system is relatively straightforward. It is typically installed where the mainline comes into the home and encompasses hot and cold water. In most cases, it will require a drain and electrical connection (using regular 100 volts). The drain water is safe for use in your garden or lawn areas, and the system will need to be regenerated every 2-3 weeks (depending on household size). Regeneration uses about 90 gallons of water. Therefore, it is crucial to consider this aspect when determining the drain’s path. When you book a water filtration installation appointment with us, you can relax as our professional will take care of the process from start to finish.
Once your water filtration system is installed, minimal maintenance is required. The internal filter should generally be replaced every three to six months, but it depends on if you have particularly dirty or contaminated water and the amount of water you use. Otherwise, we suggest maintenance to your system only once every 7 years. This makes it hassle-free and convenient to ensure that you and your family have access to clean, healthy water in your home.
In addition to our water filtration services, we are proud to partner with Ethical H2O, which provides San Diego residents with tailored water filtration solutions. Ethical H2O systems are designed for maximum efficiency, eliminating pollutants and contaminants from tap water while increasing the water supply’s taste, odor, and clarity.
The Benefits of Clean Water
Investing in a water filtration system has numerous benefits for your and your home’s health. Clean water can improve the quality of your life in many ways, including:
Contact The Experts For Water Filtration
If you are interested in water filtration services in San Diego, please call Airight Cooling, Heating, & Plumbing, Inc. at (866) 247-2420. Our team of specialists is here to help you find the right water filter solution for your needs, and we are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality service and products. All our technicians are state-standard certified and constantly updated with emerging technologies in the water filtration industry.
Frequently Asked Question On Water Filtration
San Diego residents can enjoy several benefits from water filtration, such as improved taste, odor, and clarity of the water in their home, an increase in the efficiency of any appliances that use the water supply, reduction of pollutants and contaminants that may be present in tap water, and cost savings over purchasing bottled water.
You should change your San Diego water filter every three to six months or when it becomes clogged with sediment or other debris. Doing so will ensure your system continues optimally and provide clean filtered water without impurities.
While reverse osmosis systems are great for removing contaminants from drinking water, they do not remove any sediment or particulates from tap water. This is why an additional filtration system is recommended for optimal performance and cleaner, better-tasting drinking water.
Not only are bottled waters more expensive than investing in a quality filtration system from San Diego, but they also come with their environmental concerns with single-use plastic bottles filling our landfills. Investing in a filtration system gives you peace of mind knowing you are getting better quality unfiltered drinking water and reduces waste, and helps keep our environment healthier overall!