Business owners and managers often worry about their commercial HVAC system, as even small repairs can require a large expense.
The way to avoid large HVAC repair costs is proper and regular maintenance. By calling a technician from HVAC companies in San Diego for maintenance, you can keep all the repairs and issues at bay.
Preventative Maintenance Checklist that Everyone Must Follow for Commercial HVAC Systems!
If you’re unsure how to take care of the commercial HVAC system, follow this checklist to ensure that you are doing it right:
- Check air filters
The air filters in the protective system of the commercial HVAC. It prevents any dust particles or dirt from entering the system. All the dirt and pollutant particles get collected in the air filters. Cleaning them can help prevent blockage or foul smell every month. Moreover, it is best to replace them after every three months.
- Visual inspection
Observing the system can help you identify any broken component that must change. Early detection can help avoid requiring HVAC repair services in San Diego to fix major damage that may occur in the long run.
- Adjust the thermostat
Calibrating the thermostat in the system can help you save a lot of money. Getting it done before summer and winter can help adjust the system to the outside environment and the HVAC system runs smoothly.
- Check the drainage pipe for blockage.
Early detection and repair can help with major functional costs that might create major structural damage in the system. Use a torch to find the blockage in the condensate drain and clean it with a long brush. HVAC repair experts in San Diego suggest using a drain cleaning agent if the blockage is invisible and hard to remove.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils
The evaporator and the condenser coils are the two units within which they circulate during the process. Dust and dirt get accumulate over the surface, which reduces the airflow. You can use a mild coil cleaning agent to remove the dust.
Steps to Conduct Commercial HVAC System Inspection!
Here is a guide to look after your commercial HVAC system and avoid a circumstance where you need to spend money on heater repair in San Diego:
- Begin from the outside, thoroughly inspect the cabinet and the coils and clean them properly.
- Drain the condenser pan and clean the condensate pipes.
- Check the blower belt and motor blades for rust and lubricant them properly using machine oil.
- Check all the electrical connections within the system and look for any loose wires.
- Check the assembly of the blower and clean it with a brush to remove dust and dirt.
- Clean the flame sensor in the furnace system.
- Clean the evaporator coil and look for blockages.
- Check and clean the burner assembly and heat exchanger in the furnace.
It is best to call a technician for professional maintenance once a year. The technician will give insights on how to keep your commercial unit fit for the rest of the season.
If you are looking for the best HVAC companies in San Diego, get in touch with the experts at Airight Services. Call (866) 247-2420 and schedule maintenance services for your commercial HVAC systems.