Heaters are essential during the winter, and without a well-functioning heater, it is impossible to have a comfortable night’s sleep. However, every heater requires regular inspection and maintenance to ensure that it isn’t causing any problems. Here we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide that will tell you everything you need to know about heaters.
Why should you buy a branded heater?
Heaters are available in many models, sizes, and types. Instead of going for the cheapest option, invest in a good quality heater.
Here are the advantages of a branded heater:
- The typical life expectancy of a heater is 10-15 years, which means you don’t need to replace it every few years.
- It requires maintenance every 4-6 months, as opposed to 2-3 months with a cheaper unit.
- It can significantly reduce your electricity bills over time.
- If you’ve decided on buying a branded heater, choose a reputed manufacturer who will be able to provide you with guarantees with the unit.
Here are four things to consider before buying a heater
- The area of your home: The efficiency of the heater will depend upon the number of rooms you have. Inadequate size can create uneven heating in your home.
- Type: There are many different types of heaters available. From convection to fan-forced heaters, each heater has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Choose one that is most compatible with your space.
- Safety Features: Portable heaters can easily become fire hazards. Before making a purchase, ask for the in-built safety features in the model.
- Professional Opinion: Before making a big purchase, call a technician who will inspect your space and give you a recommendation. A good technician is also likely to recommend a manufacturer that they believe in.
What kind of problems do heaters have?
As mentioned earlier, most heaters require regular inspections. However, you can diagnose problems in your heater before searching for heater repair San Diego.
The most common problems in heaters are:
- Dirty Filters: Depending upon use, you should change filters every 3-5 months. Without this, the heater is likely to be blocked, which results in reduced airflow.
- Odd Noises: Typically, a heater doesn’t make any noise at all. But if you do notice a constant noise every time the heater is working, chances are, there’s something broken.
- Bad Smells: Bad smell during operation is an indication that there might be a fuel leakage in your heater. The best solution for this is to call a technician immediately.
- Increased Bills: Unfortunately, heaters don’t show a direct doubling in your electricity bill. But if you compare your electricity bills a few months apart, you’ll be able to see a steady increase. This is an indication that your heater requires immediate help.
- Electric Issues: With use, wires and mechanical parts undergo wear-and-tear and need to be replaced.
What to do next?
If you’ve suffered from any of these issues, contact a technician immediately. We recommend calling Alright Cooling Heating & Plumbing, Inc. They’ve been providing heater repair in San Diego and plumbing services in San Diego for over ten years and are the best in the industry.